The Big Picture
17,000 sq. ft. operations center required a unique solution to support viewing of data and group analysis from 50 workstations.
We have been planning and designing audio visual for this operations center for over 5 years. This past month there has been significant progress to the point where we can share a snapshot of the work to date. The project features:
- 60 meter wide by 2.7 meter high video wall consisting of 800 separate tiles of 1.2mm pixel pitch dvLED
- Total pixel count is 103 million
- Expected lifetime over 100,000 hours
- Video wall manufacturer LG Electronics
- Video wall source switch manufacturer Evertz Technology, format agnostic platform for video signal routing, zero compression, zero latency designed for 24/7 mission-critical applications
- Dual redundant play processor Analog Way, fully modular and scalable 4K/8K up to 40 inputs
- Fully redundant signal pathways feeding each half of the wall
- Fully flexible canvas, customizable layouts, able to dynamically re-size image views via gesture controls on touch screens
- 5 control positions with touch screen, each programmable with different levels of access
- 3 control support positions with advanced controls and source integrity monitoring capabilities
Engineering Harmonics is designing, tendering, overseeing installation and commissioning the AV for the operations centre and building wide paging. We are also developing the AV control programming serving distinct rooms and operations teams and assisting with compliance with NIST 800-53.
There is no other indoor video wall of this size in Canada and sources say it may be the largest in North America.
Engineering Harmonics is working with WZMH Architects, Morrison Hershfield Engineers and AV Integrator Applied Electronics Limited
We retained Engineering Harmonics because we respect them and we respect the quality of their work—both the results they had obtained on their previous projects and the process they employed in achieving those results.
Principal, Sound Space Vision
When I first went into the Rogers Centre, I was surprised at just how good the house system sounded.
Cirque du Soleil, Sound Designer for the 2015 Pan Am Games Opening Ceremony
We have some very traditional teachers in our program who literally could not imagine how they were going to be able to teach without a blackboard and chalk. If we hadn’t had Andrew Kozak on board we never would have been able to get our teachers to understand how they can teach better with this technology.
Policy and Planning Officer, Dean’s Office, Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine
Within an hour they knew where my knowledge stopped and where theirs had to start — and they were very, very gracious about it, even though they play on the world stage. They brought world-class knowledge and home-town service to the project.